Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Head In The Clouds by Karen Witemeyer

Head in the CloudsHead in the Clouds by Karen Witemeyer

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Does Adelaide really have her head in the clouds? I think so! This is a great follow-up to Tailor Made Bride by Karen Witemeyer. British nobles, governesses, rogues, and sheep herders are all that's necessary to make this book complete! I loved everything about this book, especially the cover!

My favorite character, without question, is Isabelle! How could one resist her charm? Poor thing has had a rough life though and is now mute because of her trials. However, Adelaide is on a mission to change that. What will it take to get her to speak again?

Gideon is also intriguing. Love the name, wish he were real so he could sweep me off my feet (in the form of my real hubby!) Hmmm...nothing like a sheep herder with an adorable daughter to make you fall in love!

I highly recommend this read. It's a quick read (took me longer than I wanted because of time constraints!) that is well worth the magical journey. Oh how I wish I would have lived back in this era! The author makes you feel that you are there watching the sheep shearing and feeling Adelaide's fabrics wrapped around you! Great book for teens and older!

I'm looking forward to more of Karen's works!

Many thanks to Bethany House and Karen Witemeyer for providing me a copy of this book for review!



View all my reviews
Bookmark and Share

1 comment: