Sunday, July 30, 2023

The Magic Carousel (The Brass Ring Series Book 1) by K.L. Small

 

The Magic Carousel (The Brass Ring #1)The Magic Carousel by K.L. Small
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this book in one sitting and I imagine many others will as well.

We meet Russell right away. He's in the 5th grade, and well, it's just not his year. So many changes have occurred over the past year that it's really affected his performance in school. Grandpa moved in, resulting in his room to change, his dad starting drinking more, and Tyler became a bully. That's a bit much for a young man to have to take on.

Grandpa loves going to the carousel everyday, much to Russell's chagrin. One day, that all changes for both Rusty and Grandpa though. Things will never be the same again...and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

This book is pretty deep and one that teenagers could likely relate to. There are some intense topics covered and there are ways to help those issues throughout the story. I'll also admit, I cried at the end!!! Have a box of tissues handy if you're soft hearted!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment