Wednesday, July 5, 2023

The Finding (Berrycreek Heights Series Book 1) by A. M. Porto

 

The Finding (Berrycreek Heights, #1)The Finding by A.M. Porto
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

This book will invoke all kinds of emotions. I found myself all over the place and a couple of times I had to put it down for a brief moment to just breathe. This book is listed as a young adult book but does come with a warning that it's not intended for anyone under eighteen due to the sensitive nature of the topics that are covered. This book will stick with me for awhile.

Logan (Lo) has a great life with a mom who loves him dearly. At the tender age of seven, he begins to learn that not everyone has life so great.

Victoria (Vic) lives with her step-dad. Her mom died recently and she's stuck with Zach. He doesn't seem to care much about her at all. He spends most of his time in a drunken stupor. Vic lives next door to Lo and one day invites him over to play.

This story is told from both perspectives of Vic and Lo, starting in the past and building up to the present. This story is very dark and deals with extremely difficult topics. The things that Vic especially, endures are horrific and terrifying. I just want to hug them both and let them know everything will be ok.

I don't want to say much more because I don't want to spoil anything. However, it's only fair to warn readers that this book does contain very strong language and scenes/situations that are not appropriate for immature readers. I do look forward to learning more about Lizzie's story and what's going on with her.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment