Tuesday, April 18, 2023

I Love You Today (Trading Heartbeats Trilogy Book 2) by Julie Navickas

 

I Love You Today (The Trading Heartbeats Trilogy Book #2)I Love You Today by Julie Navickas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In book 2 of this trilogy, the story of Mavis, Josh, and Austin is continued. Casey is introduced very briefly in book one and this book focuses much more on her, along with the aforementioned.

Austin is a successful lawyer and he's just witnessed the demise of his "true love" when his twin brother Josh proposes to Mavis. When he goes to Chicago to help Mavis pack up her apartment, he meets Casey, Mavis's roommate. He's heard some about her but she's heard a lot about him. It's pure torture to Austin to help with this task but maybe Casey can make it more interesting.

When he returns home, Austin is called into the office of his law firm. He's being asked to head up the new Chicago location and by doing so, it could lead to him making partner in the firm. What better odds since he's really been missing Casey since leaving Chicago. Can this work out in his favor?

This was an enjoyable read for the most part. I do recommend reading this series in order to know the history in these characters, as it plays a large role in the overall story. I was getting a little tired of the pet names for the girls though. Duchess, Princess, and Peaches got to be super annoying afterwhile. I feel this took away from the overall story. The first couple of times it was endearing but then became overkill.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment