Saturday, March 26, 2022

A Rose for the Resistance (Heroines of WWII) by Angela K. Couch

 

A Rose for the Resistance (Heroines of WWII)A Rose for the Resistance by Angela K. Couch
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As I read this book, I could not help but think of the current situation going on in our world. My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Ukraine!!

Rosalie and Marcel live in Ste Mere Eglise, France during the time of the occupation of the Nazi forces. This book starts off with a pretty intense fighting scene and one in which a Bible is recovered and Rosalie is allowed to escape. Little does she know that the one who handed her the Bible would come back into her life and play a pivotal role in how the war would end!!

Rosalie is super protective of her brother, Marcel, as well as her Maman. Marcel is anxious to go off with the troops and fight but Rosalie does her best to protect him. She finally decides to assist the Resistance herself. Life really starts to change when a British pilot is brought to her home. Can she keep them all safe?

I really enjoyed this page-turning book! I've always been fascinated by the stories of WWII and how it all came about and ultimately ended. I believe there is a lot that can be learned from the past stories. While I do realize that this is a work of fiction, there are historical truths within. I recommend this book to those who love a good action story with a side of romance and history!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment