Monday, March 15, 2010

Start Here by Alex and Brett Harris

Start Here: Doing Hard Things Right Where You Are Start Here: Doing Hard Things Right Where You Are by Alex Harris


My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is the follow-up book to Alex and Brett Harris's Do Hard Things. In this book they offer practical tips to young people about sticking their necks out there to do the hard things. For instance, starting with a dream, finding someone to support you, and waiting out to see if this is what is in God's plan for your life. There are several different stories of teenagers who did the hard things and what it took for them to get there. I read this book in a span of about 3 hours time. It reads very quickly!

Overall, I found this book to be informative but not something that overly grasped me. It could be that this book is targeted for teens, and I have lived that time and beyond a few years. I do see how a young person would find this book helpful, especially if they are afraid to ask for help in the beginning (which the book addresses too!). I did find references to "God speaking to you" to be disturbing as this just simply does not happen today. That would make God a respecter of persons and that He is not. He will not say something to you that He would not say to me and vice versa.

I can see where many youth group leaders could use this book as a positive means of studying with their young people.

View all my reviews >>

Now for the giveaway that ends on April 10 at 11:59 PM EST.



1 comment:

  1. I have seen a little bit on this book. I would be interested in taking a look at it.

    ReplyDelete