Wednesday, July 13, 2016

The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury

The BridgeThe Bridge by Karen Kingsbury
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm not one to usually one to watch a movie before I read a book, but in this case, I did. After seeing the movie on Hallmark and absolutely loving the movie, I wanted to read the book. I also have not read many Karen Kingsbury books. I was pleasantly surprised as to how close the movie was to the book!!

I just love this story!! I've already watched the movie twice too! Two bookstore owners take their personal pain and turn it into something so beautiful!! Being able to put their pain aside to help others in their times of needs is so very unselfish. Charlie and Donna stole my heart from the very beginning!! The fact that they named the bookstore "The Bridge" is also such an inspiration! Leaving your troubles at the door to overcome a world of impossibles seems to be their underlying theme. I was heartbroken by Molly's story, as I felt she had the most to lose in the whole process. Her ending was the most beautiful though, in my opinion.

I would encourage those who love a good romance to read on a rainy day to check this book out!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment