Monday, July 11, 2016

Lethal Harvest by William R Cutrer

Lethal HarvestLethal Harvest by William R. Cutrer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book is a re-release with updated technology information! I never read the original version of this book but I'm fairly sure it did not include the sophisticated medical advancements, along with technology such as cell phones.

This book is steeped in mystery, drama, and a little bit of romance. It keeps you on the edge of your seat as you are reading and trying to figure out exactly what happened to the twins and how they got in the situation they were in. A lot of smaller mysteries surrounding the embryo clinic and it's studies. Suspense amongst friends and colleagues. This book will appeal to those with a scientific mind, especially concerning IVF, stem cells, and biotechnology. There is a Christian theme woven throughout and the end result came as somewhat of a surprise to me.

The characters are well developed but I have an issue with a particular couple in the book. Without going into much detail and giving away any spoilers, I felt that a certain male character made some pretty fast moves onto another character considering the situation. That bothered me a bit, especially give the man's position. However, that situation also shows that man is not perfect and that sometimes it's hard to control emotions and feelings.

While I thoroughly enjoyed this book and the thrill and mystery behind it, I did give this three stars because I don't feel that the themes were all interwoven as much as I would have liked. The situation with the couple really concerns me, especially since this is promoted as a Christian novel. I'm also concerned about the ethics involving the clinic and it's practices in regards to Christianity. However, to come to the defense of those doctors, they were not all Christians. I enjoyed this book and would recommend it with caution to readers. Know your ground and where you stand before you read this book as it could attempt to sway your convictions one way or another.

I received this book from Kregel Publications in return for my honest review, which you have received here.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment