Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Review: On the Pier by Danna J. Walters

On The PierOn The Pier by Danna J. Walters
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

On the Pier by Danna J. Walters is a book for all parents with youngsters!! In this book, a young man is visiting his grandmother. He seems to have some issues in terms of behaviors that his grandmother finds inappropriate. She sends him out of the house to explore nature and he learns some very important values.

My daughter read this book to me recently. Several of the issues that were addressed in the book are some values that she is having to work on. I think for her, reading this book opened her eyes to some things she may not have realized. At eight years old, I feel she now has a little better understanding of how important it is to listen, show respect, and be a good all-around person.

This book was fairly easy for her to read also. She is a struggling reader so some of the words were challenging for her but not overwhelming. I appreciate books like Ms. Walters has written!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment