Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Shattered Mind by Julie Cave

The Shadowed Mind (A Dinah Harris Mystery)The Shadowed Mind by Julie Cave
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the second book in the Dinah Harris mystery series. Dinah is still recovering from her recent firing from the FBI and has decided to contract out her services. She received a call and off she goes. The first body is a young girl found in an alley with no obvious trauma except a snapped neck. The only clue the killer left is a sympathy card with a cryptic message. Can Dinah solve this one before anyone else loses their life?


This book focuses on eugenics and euthanasia. The killer is bound and determined to "cleanse" the location where he resides. There is heavy dialogue concerning Christianity and the reasons that euthanasia and eugenics do not fit into the Christian religion. I learned many of the historical aspects of these topics while reading this book (even though it's a work of fiction, the history is correct).


I thought I had the killer figured out fairly early on only to find out I was way off! I love when I can't figure it out before the author reveals the culprit! This is a book that will keep you on the edge of your seat! I do recommend this book to all who love a good mystery and can appreciate dialogues in Christian living!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment