Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini



Wow, this book hit just about every emotion in me imaginable! This story is set in Afghanistan back in the '80s and features 2 young boys. They enjoy running kites every year. Amir, a young man who tries desperately to gain his father's love and approval and Hassan, the slave boy who seems to always be in the way of Amir's dad's attention, are the two main characters. We come to learn that there is a deeper connection throughout this book with these two boys as the narrator (Amir) also describes life and conditions in his country.

I won't give anymore away. You just have to read it!!

This book was a wonderful page turner on a rainy day! I definately give this one 5 out of 5 stars! Highly recommended!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for not giving anything away! I'm so glad that you loved this book. I have it on my shelves just haven't gotten to it yet. I think I need to move it up on my TBR list. I thought I was the last person in America to read this!!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete