Saturday, March 30, 2024

Charming Chapter (Boomer Babes Book Club Romances) by Lori Haas

 

Charming Chapter : A Later-in-Life Just Kisses Romance (Boomer Babes Book Club Romances 1)Charming Chapter : A Later-in-Life Just Kisses Romance by Lori Haas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have some conflicting thoughts on this story. First of all, I love how this book features a "seasoned" woman at the center of the story. It's refreshing to read a book like this as they are so rare.

Laura is a widow of approximately five years who has recently joined a book club. The members of the club have encouraged her to "take a chance" on life. That chance is what is leading Laura to England, where she will be pet-sitting for a couple going on holiday. While out walking the dogs one day, Laura comes in contact with Hugh, and after a rather humorous misunderstanding, the two meet up and have dinner together. One thing leads to another and Laura finds herself in a whole new world that she's never expected.

Second, I love that this is a mostly clean romance novel. There were innuendos at times between two adults old enough to make decisions but that is all they were. It's actually a very sweet romance that blossoms between Laura and Hugh.

Third, I love the character of Celeste. You have to read the book to see why!

The part that I did not like is the twist. I found myself feeling betrayed after investing into this story. My opinion of several characters changed and I had a hard time forgiving them, even when things worked out as I would have hoped in the end. I had some trust issues with this one.

Overall, an enjoyable read and I look forward to reading future books in this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment