Thursday, August 10, 2023

Back to the 80s by S.E. Reichert and Kerrie Flanagan

 

Back to the 80'sBack to the 80's by S.E. Reichert
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

I feel like I've taken a walk back through time with this novel! I had so much fun reading about Blaine's store with all her retro clothing, clothes, music, and more! It's the kind of store I'd visit and spend hours in just remembering the "good ole days" of my childhood.

Blaine inherited this awesome store from her mother and she's super proud of all her accomplishments with it. One day, JT, the hairstylist next door in the strip mall, comes to deliver some bad news though. The mall has been bought and is scheduled for demolition. Everyone must be out and there's not much time.

Blaine, not one to back down from a challenge, makes a point to be present when the land developer crew walks through for a final inspection. Eric is in awe of her store but is really gunning for that title of partner in the family business. After meeting Blaine, Eric isn't so sure about these plans now. Then Blaine issues a bet that Eric can't pass up.

This is a fun read that transported me back in time, even if just for a few hours. I loved all the references to the time honored traditions of the 80's and even had a few great memories myself reliving this fun era of time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment