Monday, February 21, 2022

To Whisper Her Name (Belle Meade Plantation #1) by Tamera Alexander



My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was so good that I was sad to see this story come to an end!! It's not often that I read and really savor a book because the storyline is one that I deeply enjoy. 

Ridley is looking for someplace to land after fighting in the war. He stumbles upon Belle Meade and recognizes a familiar face there. He spends some time with Uncle Bob and ultimately, ends up with a job. He doesn't plan to stay long, just long enough to make the money he needs to move out west. The lessons he learns from Uncle Bob are lifelong though and their friendship runs deep. 

Olivia is a newly widowed young lady who doesn't have anywhere to turn except to accept the offer from Aunt Elizabeth to come live with her at Belle Meade. If only the General was as accepting of her she might have been able to secure better employment prior to coming and prove her worth to the only people who will accept her after the shame her late husband brought upon her. 

This book is full of a very sweet romance, some not so nice romances, horses, a sprawling plantation, and lots of shenanigans. I fell in love with Olivia's character but my favorite character in this story is Rachel. I think behind the scenes she might have had a lot to do with how the characters interacted and the story played out. Uncle Bob is another big favorite of mine. I just never knew what he might do in his training with Ridley.

I look forward to reading the next book in this series!! 


View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment