Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Teaser: The Last Letter by Kathleen Shoop

Today it is my pleasure to offer you a teaser of a debut novel by Kathleen Shoop! I am just getting started with this book but I'm hooked so far! 
Katherine's mom is dying and ends up on Katherine's doorstep. There are some issues from the past (I'm just now finding out what some of those are but I'm not going to ruin it for you!) and Katherine has to try to find a way to forgive her mom before it's too late. 
From what I've read so far, it's a bit creepy, mysterious, and obvious that Katherine has had a troubled life. There is a deep dark secret that has caused her family to lose their life of luxury and they find themselves homesteading.
My only problem with this book so far is that it switches back and forth from present day to the past. For those of you who have faithfully read my blog since it's inception, you know that I struggle with these types of stories. However, the chapters are fairly short and I'm able to keep up with this one better than previous books such as this in the past. 

I do hope you will take the time to check this book out. Also be sure to check back soon for a full review on this book! 
Many thanks to Jessica at BookSparks for offering this book for me to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment