Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Heart Failure by Richard L. Mabry

Heart FailureHeart Failure by Richard L. Mabry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Everytime I pick up a Richard Mabry book, I know I'm in for an adventure! Heart Failure did not disappoint!! I loved the fast-paced nature of this book and the story of Adam and Carrie! I can usually pick out who the culprit is before it all becomes revealed and one of the many things I love about Dr. Mabry's writing is I'm almost always wrong!! He writes with such twists and turns and then surprises you in the end. I absolutely love this about his books!

My favorite character in this story would have to be Carrie. My heart really goes out to her. She's still struggling after the tragic loss of her husband a couple of years ago. Now, Adam has come into her life and just when she is starting to feel comfortable again, her whole world is turned upside down. How is it that she goes from being a happily engaged woman to running for her life? The twists and turns she experiences in this story about gave me heart failure!

The title is very fitting for this book as well. This book is about a doctor who works in a medical practice where heart surgery is common. Carrie's husband died from complications of a heart procedure. The real story lies in the physical and spiritual implications that a heart can have on someone. How is your heart? Is it in need of a defibrillator?

I highly recommend this book and can't wait until I can get my hands on more of Dr. Mabry's writing. He is truly one of my most favored authors!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment