Saturday, January 30, 2016

Once Upon a Summertime by Melody Carlson

Once Upon a Summertime: A New York City Romance (Follow Your Heart, #1)Once Upon a Summertime: A New York City Romance by Melody Carlson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a light-hearted read that only took a me on a journey lasting a couple of hours. Anna is the hotel manager for the Value Lodge in her hometown of Springdale. She's had a "down on your luck" kinda life and lives with her grandmother. While she highly respects her grandmother and loves her dearly, Anna is ready for a bigger and better opportunity. When her friend Marley mentions the possibility of a new job and life in New York, Anna is excited about the prospects.

I enjoyed this book, and like another reader, was really afraid that something horrible was going to happen at some point. Some may read this and see that bad things really did happen, but I would consider those things in the past before this particular story took place. I did not like how this story just ended abruptly. I felt like the carpet had been pulled too quickly from under my reading chair!! I would recommend this read!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment