Friday, January 20, 2012

Firethorn by Ronie Kendig

Firethorn (Discarded Heroes)Firethorn by Ronie Kendig
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First of all, my sincerest apologies to Ronie Kendig for taking so long to post this review!!!


Ronie has taken the top spot in my "favorite authors" list. I had been talking to her about this series for awhile, as I fell in love with the Discarded Heroes with Nightshade by Ronie Kendig. I was fortunate to read this book as a galley and have had a hard time not discussing it openly so as to not ruin the book!


In this gripping conclusion (ok, can I hope not?!?!) to the Discarded Heroes series, "Legend" finds himself in prison. Someone doesn't want him there though so he is freed by a woman who he can't stand. Why in the world would she want to do this? Legend will later thank Kacie for rescuing him so he can find out what has happened to the remaining members of Nightshade. Someone has blown their cover and things are not going well for the team.


I highly recommend having a box of tissue handy while reading this book. Ronie has had me in tears with each book she's written but I was bawling like a baby...in the middle of the line to the Buzz Lightyear ride at Disneyworld. All of a sudden, the happiest place on earth became the saddest. I understand why the book was written the way it was and I admire Ronie for concluding the book in this way. Our military deserves only the highest respect and honor for the sacrifices they make on a daily basis.


Be sure to check out the other books in this series and watch for Ronie's new series coming out soon about military dogs! :)


Thank you, Ronie, for keeping me entertained and helping me to fall in love with a fabulous group of guys, even if they are imaginary! :)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment