Sunday, November 13, 2011

Cheese and Fish...reviews

Who Moved My Cheese? An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your LifeWho Moved My Cheese? An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life by Spencer Johnson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was required to read this book for a class that I am taking on teacher leadership. This book focuses on people at a high school reunion talking about the changes that have happened to them over the years. Some were more successful then others while happiness was also equated differently among the groups. One person tells a story of 4 characters and their challenges when their cheese is moved. How do you handle change?




View all my reviews


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This is another book I was required to read for a class on teacher leadership. I enjoyed this book much more than the previous one mentioned. This book focuses on the Pike Fish Market and how success can come in a variety of forms. Who wants to work in a smelly fish market?? A business exec looking to turn her department around used the philosophies and work ethics of the Pike Fish Market to turn her once labeled "toxic dump department" to the one that everyone wants to work for. There are four tactics that can be used in any situation. I highly recommend this book! 


No comments:

Post a Comment